This policy statement explains the privacy practices of Artstra International Limited and Artstra (HK) Limited (“ARTSTRA” or “we”) in relation to this website. This policy statement is subject to changes. The changes will be effective upon the same being posted on this website.
In this policy statement, our use of the term “personal data” has the meaning ascribed to it by the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap.486 of the laws of Hong Kong (the “Ordinance”).
We shall fully comply with the obligations and requirements of the Ordinance. Our officers, management, and members of staff shall, at all times, respect the confidentiality of and endeavor to keep safe any and all personal data collected and/or stored and/or transmitted and/or used by us, or on our behalf.
We shall endeavor to ensure all collection and/or storage and/or transmission and/or usage of personal data by us shall be done in accordance with the obligations and requirements of the Ordinance.
Where an individual legitimately requests access to and/or correction of personal data relating to the individual, held by us,
then we shall provide and/or correct that data in accordance with the times and manner stipulated within the Ordinance.
STATEMENT OF PRACTICES
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
For the purpose of providing the services on this website, you may be requested to provide personal data such as, but not limited to, the following, without which it may not be possible for us to satisfy your request:
- Contact details, including telephone number, fax number and email address
- ID Card Number or passport number
- Other related products and services subscribed to
- Credit card number and expiry date
The data may be used to confirm acceptance of your purchase order, to collect your payment via your credit card, to contact you for delivery of products or services purchased, to confirm your enrolment of musical courses, to process your complaints, enquiries or feedback, to further improve our products and services and/or better tailor the type of information presented to you. In some cases, where the requested service is a personalized service, or provision of a product is dependent on your providing all requested data, failure to provide the requested data may prevent us from providing the service to you.
When you visit this website, we may issue to and request from your computer blocks of data known as “cookies”. The information collected through cookies is non-personal information and we use this information for statistical and market research purposes. Cookies are used to provide aggregated, anonymous, statistical information on the server’s usage so that we may better meet the demands and expectations of visitors to this site. The type of data to be collected may include, but not limited to:
- The browser type and version
- Operating system
- The IP address and/or domain name and
- Your activities and preferences on this website.
You have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. Once you have opted to accept cookies, you must not alter any cookies sent to your computer from this Site and you must ensure that your computer sends correct and accurate cookies in response to any relevant request from this Site. For more information about cookies you can click on the link below: www.cookiecentral.com
Please refer to the section titled “Access and Correction of Personal Data” below for details on how you can obtain and correct any personal data relating to you that we may hold.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will destroy any personal data we may hold in accordance with our internal retention policy. The policy states that:
- Personal data will only be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfil the original or directly related purpose for which it was collected, unless the personal data is also retained to satisfy any applicable statutory or contractual obligations; and
- Personal data are purged from our electronic, manual, and other filing systems in accordance with specific schedules based on the above criteria and our internal procedures.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Subject to the paragraphs below, all personal data held by us will be kept confidential but we may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the data was collected provide such information to the following parties:
- Any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with us;
- Any person or company who is acting for or on our behalf, or jointly with us, in respect of the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the data was provided;
- Any other person or company who is under a duty of confidentiality to us and has undertaken to keep such information confidential, provided such person or company has a legitimate right to such information; and
- Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit information or reference bureaux, or collection agencies necessary to establish and support your instructions relating to payments made through this website.
Personal data may also be disclosed to any person or persons that have a right under the Ordinance and any applicable law to gain access to such information provided they are able to prove their authority to access such information. For example, if we were served with a court order demanding certain customer information then we would disclose the information to the duly appointed officer of the court or such other persons as the court orders.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF HONG KONG
At times it may be necessary and/or prudent for us to transfer certain personal data to places outside of Hong Kong in order to carry out the purposes, or directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. Where such a transfer is performed, it will be done in compliance with the requirements of the Ordinance.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
Computer data are stored on computer systems and storage media to which access is strictly controlled and/or are located within restricted areas.
Access to records and data without appropriate management authorization are strictly prohibited.
Encryption technology, such as SSL, may be employed for the transmission of data collected online.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Under the Ordinance, individuals have the right to:
- Check whether we hold any personal data relating to them and, if so, obtain copies of such data;
- Require us to correct any personal data relating to them which is inaccurate for the purpose for which it is being used; and
- Ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data, which are those policies and practices set out in their entirety herein.
An individual may exercise their right of correction by:
- Writing to us at the address listed below, specifying the data which they believe to be incorrect, the reason they believe it is incorrect, and the applicable corrections; and
- Providing “proof of identity” verifying that the individual making the request is authorized to request such corrections.
- Correcting his personal data through this website.
We will, upon satisfying ourselves of the authenticity and validity of the correction request, make every endeavor to comply with and respond to the request within the period set by the Ordinance.
In accordance with the requirements of the Ordinance, we will honor an individual’s request not to use his or her personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. Should you wish not to receive direct marketing material from us, please fax to 2336 9782.
Unless otherwise instructed as per the above, we may use any of the data collected in the normal course of our business and on this website for marketing purposes.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
OUR PERSONAL DATA (PRIVACY) ORDINANCE CONTACT DETAILS
All enquiries regarding our compliance with our obligations under the Ordinance should be in writing to:
Artstra International Limited OR Artstra (HK) Limited
2/F, 144F Boundary Street
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Or via fax to: 2336 9782